Every Bowen Island Community Member
has access to a safe and healthy home.
BIRCH creates diverse housing options
for Bowen Island, contributing to a sustainable community with a resilient population.
• We are engaged, trustworthy and reliable.
• We act with integrity, respect and honesty.
• Our Work is innovative, professional and effective.
• With our stakeholders, we are transparent, inclusive and responsive.
- BIRCH will develop residential housing projects to be sold or rented at prices affordable to Bowen Island Community Members.
- BIRCH may work in cooperation with, municipalities, other levels of government, other not-for-profit entities, and private developers.
- BIRCH may develop and manage rentals, sales and resales of residential units.
- To support BIRCH’s non-market residential units, it may develop and manage other projects (commercial projects, market rental units, market sales unit, etc.)
- In managing rentals, sales and resales, priority will be given to Bowen Island Community Members.
- Covenants that run with the title will be registered on the title of each non-market ownership unit stipulating the means by which these units will be kept affordable in perpetuity.
- BIRCH may own real and personal property as required to fulfill its purposes.
- BIRCH has the ability to borrow funds for its purposes.
Revised: Sept 8, 2018